Global Health Program Director
CureCervicalCancer (CCC) is seeking a full-time Program Director. The ideal candidate will have a public health background with experience managing programs and teams in limited resource settings. We are seeking a self-starter with a keen ability to exercise initiative and juggle multiple responsibilities. We are a small team and desire someone with a proactive do-anything work ethic.
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday and is located at CureCervicalCancer’s office in Los Angeles with up to 30% international travel. Our team works a hybrid model with 2 days per week in our Los Angeles office.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a writing sample on a topic of your choice. Applications will only be accepted through email.
- Support the design, development, management and implementation of CCC’s programs in alignment with our strategic plan
- Provide technical oversight and strategic direction to international teams (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda) to guide program implementation and ensure program deliverables.
- Identify challenges in a timely manner and create thoughtful solutions to mitigate risks in future programming
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators, work plans and timelines to ensure adequate program progress against targets
- Assist in designing and standardizing programmatic processes and program tools/materials
- Manage overall project budgets to track expenses, make projections, ensure cost-efficiency, and ensure achievement of financial deliverables such as cost share. Participate in developing budgets based on projected activities.
- Represent CureCervicalCancer and build and maintain excellent, productive relationships with project partners, ministries of health and local government stakeholders as well as other relevant actors
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and Founder, provide thought leadership and help guide strategy development for CureCervicalCancer international programs, continually identifying new opportunities for CureCervicalCancer to add value and maximize impact, in contributing to cervical cancer prevention in low- and middle-income countries
- Support planning and execution of international travel including coordinating travel logistics for US team, travel itinerary, and planning and leading activities
- Compile program reports for annual reports and other donor reports or proposals
- Support external communications efforts including development of success stories, articles, social media posts, or other external communications products
- Recruit, manage, and cultivate volunteer base for international programs
- Assist with all fundraising activities and events and attend CCC events as necessary
- Prior international experience and/or demonstrated grasp of the challenges surrounding project delivery in developing countries
- Experience in program management, strategy development, planning, and project implementation
- Entrepreneurial spirit demonstrated through prior experience working in start-up like environments building new teams or programs and/or flexibility in the face of rapidly evolving scope of work and new challenges
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve goals
- Experience with cross-sectoral partnerships working across multiple time zones and with people from diverse cultures
- Excellent writing and editing skills are essential with ability to translate stories, data and statistics into compelling statements of CureCervicalCancer’s work and impact, packaging content into an engaging, social community-suitable fashion
- Self-sufficient problem solver that thrives in an autonomous work environment yet can collaborate effectively as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Office and basic social media sites, and able to learn new technology (such as website content management systems, Salesforce, ConstantContact) quickly.
- Deep-seated passion for the work & mission of CureCervicalCancer
- Flexibility to travel internationally up to 30% including but not limited to our current countries of focus (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda)
Annual salary is $85,000.00. Benefits include a comprehensive health benefits plan.