- Support the design, development, management and implementation of CCC’s programs in alignment with our strategic plan
- Provide technical oversight and strategic direction to international teams (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda) to guide program implementation and ensure program deliverables
- Identify challenges in a timely manner and create thoughtful solutions to mitigate risks in future programming
- Set and monitor Key Performance Indicators, work plans and timelines to ensure adequate program progress against targets
- Assist in designing and standardizing programmatic processes and program tools/materials
- Manage overall project budgets to track expenses, make projections, ensure cost-efficiency, and ensure achievement of financial deliverables such as cost share. Participate in developing budgets based on projected activities.
- Represent CureCervicalCancer and build and maintain excellent, productive relationships with project partners, ministries of health and local government stakeholders as well as other relevant actors
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and Founder, provide thought leadership and help guide strategy development for CureCervicalCancer international programs, continually identifying new opportunities for CureCervicalCancer to add value and maximize impact, in contributing to cervical cancer prevention in low- and middle-income countries
- In collaboration with Executive Director, assist in raising financial support from foundation, corporate and government funders
- Research grant funding opportunities, prepare and submit proposals
- Compile program reports for annual reports and other donor reports or proposals
- Support planning and execution of international travel including coordinating travel logistics for US team, travel itinerary, and planning and leading activities
- Support external communications efforts including development of success stories, articles, social media posts, or other external communications products
- Recruit, manage, and cultivate volunteer base for international programs
- Assist with all fundraising activities and events and attend CCC events as necessary
- Prior international experience and/or demonstrated grasp of the challenges surrounding project delivery in developing countries
- Experience in program management, strategy development, planning, and project implementation
- Entrepreneurial spirit demonstrated through prior experience working in start-up like environments building new teams or programs and/or flexibility in the face of rapidly evolving scope of work and new challenges
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve goals
- Experience with cross-sectoral partnerships working across multiple time zones and with people from diverse cultures
- Excellent writing and editing skills are essential with ability to translate stories, data and statistics into compelling statements of CureCervicalCancer’s work and impact, packaging content into an engaging, social community-suitable fashion
- Self-sufficient problem solver that thrives in an autonomous work environment yet can collaborate effectively as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Office and basic social media sites, and able to learn new technology (such as website content management systems, Salesforce, ConstantContact) quickly.
- Deep-seated passion for the work & mission of CureCervicalCancer
- Flexibility to travel internationally up to 30% including but not limited to our current countries of focus (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda)
CureCervicalCancer is seeking a Program Coordinator
Who We Are
CureCervicalCancer (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit with a focus on preventing cervical cancer in LMICs (low-and middle income countries). To learn more about our organization, visit www.curecervicalcancer.org.
CureCervicalCancer (CCC) is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator. This role is designed for pre-medical students committed to taking 2 gap years before matriculating to medical school.
The Program Coordinator will provide necessary support to ensure development and implementation of CCC’s programs and digital communication initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for global health, preferably with experience in or understanding of healthcare delivery in limited resource settings. We are seeking a self-starter with an eye for detail and a keen ability to juggle multiple responsibilities. We are a small team and desire someone with a proactive do-anything work ethic.
This is a full-time position* Monday-Friday and is located at CureCervicalCancer’s office in Los Angeles with occasional international travel. Our team works a hybrid model 3 days per week in our Los Angeles office.
*Applicants currently enrolled in their final year at a Los Angeles-based college or university can be considered for a part-time, in-person position that will transition to full-time upon graduation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a writing sample on a topic of your choice. Applications will only be accepted through email.
Program Planning and Support:
- Support the development and implementation of CCC’s strategic program goals
- Collect, evaluate, and record data from CCC’s international programs
- Coordinate travel logistics for all CCC staff and volunteers
- Assist in development and preparation of program documentation for CCC programs and trainings, including: educational and training materials, clinic program evaluations, and reports
- Independently research and identify relevant current data, innovations, and educational material for purpose of training CCC staff or improving CCC programs
- Assist in managing CCC equipment inventory and database, including equipment and supplies for the CCC office and our international programs
- Assist in drafting and submitting abstracts to relevant global health conferences, identifying speaking engagements for CCC leadership, and researching + securing opportunities to raise awareness and/or funds for CCC
Communications and Development
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications strategies and campaigns to support CCC program goals, increase awareness, cultivate donor base, and recruit new volunteers, including but not limited to:
- Assist with drafting and designing e-newsletters
- Update and manage CCC website
- Assist with development of social media content and management of social media accounts
- Create decks for presentations or funder outreach for diverse audiences
- Prepare reports on CCC programs to provide feedback to our donors, partners, and volunteers
- Manage financial and programmatic record keeping with keen attention to detail
- Maintain donor database and process incoming donations
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or anticipate Bachelor’s Degree within the year
- Self-starter, self-manager. We need someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and finishes projects consistently on time.
- Communication. The CCC Coordinator must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form.
- Organization. The CCC Coordinator needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented. We often have many projects going on at once with varying deadlines. The ability to prioritize and multitask while not losing track of the details is key.
- Team Work. Our CCC team works together cooperatively to achieve our strategic goals. The unity, camaraderie, and culture of the team is something that’s very important to us. We’re looking for someone who is a good fit with our existing team members, and who is comfortable sharing projects and responsibilities with others.
- Creativity. The CCC Coordinator must understand the mission and identity of CCC and be capable of engaging donors, volunteers and partners through online communication.
- Technologically Proficient. While experience with some or all of the technology platforms that we use is ideal, (including Salesforce, WordPress, Canva, Google Calendars/Email and all Social Media platforms), we are willing to train the right candidate. However, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly Wage – $17.00/hour
- Office hours between 9 am – 4 pm with the expectation of in-person work Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Opportunity to travel internationally to our clinic sites. All travel costs paid by CCC.
A 2 year commitment is required. This role is intended for pre-medical students committed to 2 gap years before matriculating to medical school.