Fundraiser Job Summary
CCC is seeking a highly qualified and experienced part-time Fundraiser to design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy for this growing NPO. The ideal candidate will have a track record of successful solicitations, demonstrated experience with developing fundraising campaign strategy, and superb project management.
This position is based in Beverly Hills.
Responsibilities and Duties
Nature and Scope of Position
1. As a front-line fundraiser, identify and build relationships with prospective donors, including planning cultivation events, attending conferences and other events that offer opportunities to network in the global health philanthropic communities and holding discovery meetings. Continue to engage prospects through the solicitation stage to secure 5-to-6 figure gifts.
2. Maintain current donor portfolio and donor database. Manage and cultivate relationships with current major donors and solicit them personally with an aim to increase donors’ giving levels over time, including on-going contact via phone, email, meetings, etc.
3. Create and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the next 3 years that will:
- Identify and prioritize all viable sources of revenue with associated revenue goals
- Include an expense budget for establishing and growing those sources
- Establish metrics for evaluating success that are based on widely accepted fundraising principles and standards and that are in line with other organizations with similar size and scope
- Design, implement and evaluate a marketing program to advance fundraising
- Describe interdependencies with other staff and stakeholders to facilitate success
4. Provide general oversight of CCC’s fund development activities, manage the day-to-day operations of the development function, and monitor adequacy of activities through coordination with staff and the board.
5. Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, and others to evaluate issue alignment, and donor interest and capacity for new major and multiyear grants.
6. Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to foundation and corporate sources.
7. Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelors degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of fundraising experience with proven track record of identifying new donor prospects and achieving annual and long-term fundraising goals. Certification in fundraising, such as the CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Professional) or CSPG (Certified Specialist in Planned Giving) a plus.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to represent CCC’s mission and interests to a diverse group of people
- Excellent analytical and project management skills; capable of working effectively with board members, donors, donor prospects, staff members, volunteers and consultants
- Fluency in business language and best practices; i.e., strategic planning, financial statements, budgets and revenue projections
- Computer fluency with Salesforce, DonorPerfect, The Raiser’s Edge, or other fundraising database software
- Knowledge of Los Angeles philanthropic communities, as well as statewide and national philanthropic organizations, in particular those that support cancer care, global health and women’s health initiatives
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- HIGHLY PREFERRED: Experience working with international organizations.
A customized competitive compensation package based on experience and interests will be offered. Includes annual international trip with CCC medical mission.
CCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person based on age, race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, parental status or mental/physical handicap.
Please send resume to email@example.com.